Christmas came early for all of us here at SubVRsive! Last week, Snapchat announced that they’re opening up their platform with the Snapchat Lens Studio AR tool so developers like us can create fun augmented reality experiences for brands and agencies. To celebrate, we created a host of holiday-themed AR lenses (with more on the way!) that you can use to bring festive cheer to your winter pics.
So if you’d like to spruce up your holiday photos with a colorful stack of gifts, simply scan the QR code below to unlock this AR effect for 24 hours.
That’s the good news.
The great news? If you live in Austin, the city that SubVRsive calls home, you can hunt down five more cheery Lenses – including a wooden train, gingerbread cookies, and a snowman – by joining the SubVRsive Snapchat Holiday Hunt!
Here’s how it works:
1. We’ve placed five Lens Snapcodes in some of our favorite spots around Austin. Using the clues below, go to each location to find the Snapcodes. (They’ll look like the one above.)
2. To unlock the codes, open Snapchat, and tap and hold on the Snapcode in view of your camera. You’ll get a preview of what the Lens does and the option to unlock it.
3. Unlock the Lens, and Snap a photo at that spot.
4. Rinse and repeat.
5. Once you’ve collected all five SnapCodes, send us all five photos via Snapchat direct message or post them to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #SubVRsiveHunt for a chance to win a $100 gift card to the Alamo Drafthouse. You have until January 11th at 11:59 PM CST to get us your photos – and we’ll be randomly selecting the lucky winner using a trusty random number generator on the 12th!
Got it? Great. Here are the clues about where to find our Snapcodes around Austin:
1. If you’re a fan of street art, you’ve got to see this park
Take a seat on one of the benches, grab some paint and leave your mark.
2. For a taste of Damn Good tacos and a drink to quench your thirst
Just roll up to this restaurant on El Paso and South First.
3. If you’re strolling down South Congress and want a Cup of Jo’s
Stop by this bright green landmark and be sure to strike a pose.
4. In Austin, it’s no secret that the best smoked meat is found
At this famous Eastside restaurant where you buy it by the pound.
5. When you’re picking up your groceries at the Whole Foods flagship store
Snap a selfie on the corner by this ATX decor.
From all of us here at SubVRsive, Happy Holidays! And Happy Hunting!